Please bear with us as we continue to build a special private section just for our BYDS parents. In the meantime, below you will find a list of our most used links for parents.
We hope that this section will be useful to you as you navigate your child’s BYDS experience from CDO through fifth grade. Should you ever need an additional tool or have a suggestion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; we will attempt to make that resource available here.
- Hot Lunch Volunteer Sign-up:
Serve daily hot lunch: Two (2) volunteers each day from 10:50am until 12:30pm. Sign up
Get Astros Tickets – BYDS Strong Day
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 | 1:00PM
All of our BYDS 2nd-5th graders will sing the National Anthem on the field to open the Astros game! We will have our own BYDS section of 250 seats.
- ATTENDING THE GAME WITH US? Click here to submit your T-shirt size
- Parents of 2nd-5th graders, Ms. Phares needs your help!
If your 2nd-5th grader is NOT performing at the Astros game, please let Ms. Phares know ASAP so she can release the tickets/order a bus/order the right amount of pizza. Your help is greatly appreciated!
- Astros Tickets are SOLD OUT! Still need a ticket?
Tickets of non-performers will be released for sale after next week. We might end up with up to ten extra tickets. If you would still like to join us, you’re welcome to purchase tickets directly through the Astros and select seats next to our section.
- Pick up your Ticket and Leave your Shirt Size
Pick up your ticket and leave your shirt size (or submit electronically) with Ms. Phares any time school is open before August 20th. Shirts are provided for all ticket purchasers and performing students and will be sent home the week of the game in your student’s backpack.
School Enrollment Forms
- 2018-2019 Early Childhood School Forms
- 2018-2019 Elementary School Forms
- BYDS 2018-2019 Health Entrance Forms (EC and ES)
Please download, complete, print, and submit in paper form or scan/email forms to the school’s Admissions Office. All forms are due prior to August 15, 2018 in order for your child to attend class.
Don’t forget to gather your Early Childhood Supplies.
Please place your order for Spirit Wear prior to Friday, August 3rd in order to have it delivered to the school by the August 15th. We will send home your orders that first week of school. In order to keep costs down, we are offering spirit wear orders in “rounds”. We will open a new round of orders next semester. Our BYDS spirit shirts is also offered in adult sizes if you’re interested.
We’d like to offer a grace period for those who have not yet outgrown their current uniforms. However, once you need to purchase new articles of uniform clothing, you will be required order through the online uniform stores of our dedicated vendors. By the 2019-2020 school year, all Elementary school students will only wear the new uniforms. Thank you.
Lunch & Challah Program
BYDS has partnered with SAGE Dining to deliver a high-quality kosher dining program. Many of our students experienced this lunch program at The Emery/Weiner School when they were there last fall. We are grateful to EWS for assisting us in creating this program with SAGE, acquiring cafeteria equipment, and preparing our lunch in their kitchen. To learn more about SAGE Dining, please click here.
LUNCH @ BYDS
BYDS and the PTO split duties for our lunch program. The school will administer the Lunch Program, including the lunch service, ordering, and payments, while the PTO volunteers will serve lunch daily. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com about service, system, or payment issues. Many thanks!
Here are a few quick facts about the lunch program:
- Lunch will be prepared in the kosher kitchen at The Emery/Weiner School and transported daily to BYDS.
- Lunch choices will include a hot bar, salad bar, deli options, fruit bar and a pasta bar. Daily options on any given day will either be entirely parve (when serving meat), or entirely dairy (no meat will be served on these days).
- SAGE determines all menu options and will provide BYDS with planned menus ahead of time. A link to the menu will be on the BYDS website and on the SAGE mobile app. (available for download on Google Play or the App Store)
- Enrollment for the lunch program is per semester at a cost of $550/per student/per semester, from CDO through 5th grade.
- You can enroll after the semester begins. However, the cost remains $550 per student/per semester.
- Payment per student/per semester is nonrefundable.
- Payments can be made in full via PayPal or paper check OR roll payment into your FACTS payments.
- SAGE will provide lunch for those who are attending field trips on any given day.
To enroll for the 2018-2019 lunch program please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information. The business office will send you a confirmation.
- Student’s name
- Student’s grade level
- Payment preference: Pay in full (PayPal or paper check), OR through FACTS
Click the Buy Now button to order lunch for your child or children.
On Fridays, we have challot delivered from Three Brothers Bakery for your child to bring home. You may order challah for EVERY WEEK or for EVERY OTHER WEEK at the beginning of the year only. Shabbat Shalom!
BYDS Parent Handbook
Our Parent Handbook has now been updated to outline our school policies and procedures. Please review the guidelines to help ensure your student and your family get the most out of your time at our school. Early Childhood sections are highlighted in yellow.