My name is Tiffany Nguyen, RN and I am the school nurse at BYDS. My role as a school nurse is to maintain the student’s health and well-being for their optimum learning experience. In order to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students, we request your cooperation in providing current health information of every child. The nurse’s page will provide some general guidelines and required forms for the health clinic. Please review the BYDS Parent Handbook for complete information regarding clinic policy.
Please download, complete, print, and submit to the clinic by drop off or e-mail.
Download the BYDS Health Entrance Form – This form is required for all students in Early Childhood and Elementary School. Have your child’s physician sign the health statement at the bottom of the form and provide any necessary additional documents that pertain to your child’s health.
- If your child visits the physician for an illness, please submit a doctor’s note to the clinic releasing them to return to school or to notify the school nurse of communicable diseases.
- If your child becomes ill at home or school, they must be 24 hours free of the following symptoms without the use of medications before returning to school:
- Fever (100.4 F/ 38 C or higher)
- Diarrhea (3 bouts or more)
- Common health concerns
- Bacterial infections (strep, impetigo, etc.): Your child must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye): If crusting or drainage is present, student must be symptom free or on treatment for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Coughing: If your child’s coughing is barking-like and continuous, please keep them home if it is unable to be treated during school hours.
- Rashes: If an unidentified rash is present, student must be symptom free or a doctor’s release note is also acceptable.
- Lice: Students will be sent home if lice are present, and must be lice and nit free before returning to school with verification from school nurse.
- Concussion: If your child receives a head injury at home, please observe for signs and symptoms of a concussion for 24-48 hours and seek immediate care if displaying serious indicators. Please notify teachers and the school nurse so that there is continued observation during school hours.
Please feel free to contact the school nurse during clinic hours if you have any questions or concerns or would like to set up a meeting about the health needs of your child.