After a long, fun summer we’d like to review our carpool procedures so everyone can be safe and orderly. Safety is our number one priority when it comes to carpool and dismissal. We ask that each of you respectfully follow the system outlined below for drop off and pick up. Please do not congregate past the pillars outside. It is difficult to for the children to focus on carpool and hear their names being called to keep the line moving. Please do not talk to the teachers who are on duty as they need to focus on our number one priority, which is to give their full attention to the safety of our children. Thank you all for your cooperation!
- Only use the designated carpool drop-off areas for morning drop-off.
- Keep your children in their seats until they are ready to get out of the car.
- Unload your children from the right side of the car only.
- Refrain from letting your child hang out of car windows or stand up through open sunroofs in the carpool line.
- If your child needs assistance with bringing in special projects or other items, please park in the parking lot and assist your child with coming into the building.
- Please do not park or leave your car for any reason in the drop-off line.
Arriving for Afternoon Carpool
Please wait behind the stop sign by the school until there is space for you to pull up at the blue cones. If you arrive at school and the carpool line has already almost reached the back gate, please proceed to the back of the line behind the fence in the back parking lot. Please do not curl the line inside the front parking lot. Carpool forms a double line in the back parking lot that zippers in through the gate until all cars are through the line.
BYDS faculty will call for your child once you reach the front parking lot.
Carpool Dismissal Procedures
We ask that you do not park and walk up to pick up your child during or before carpool. This includes waiting for them in the school lobby, hallways, or outside. In doing so, carpool procedures are interrupted, and the entire dismissal process is affected.
- Turn off cell phones and avoid using them throughout the carpool procedure.
- Please submit all requests for early dismissal in writing to your child’s homeroom teacher before 3:00pm.
- Please do not congregate in the school lobby or hallways during dismissal, doing so blocks the pathway for teachers and children and can affect their safety.
- The carpool line begins moving at 3:30PM.
- When you reach your designated cone, place your vehicle in park and turn off your engine while loading your children.
- If your child needs assistance buckling into his or her seat, please pull forward past Cone 1, past the crosswalk, and parallel park adjacent to the Early Childhood playground to buckle your child.
- Unless motioned to do so by the teacher-on-duty, do not pull out before the cars in front of you are loaded and ready to proceed.
- If necessary, only the driver should place items in the trunk of the car.
- Once carpool is over, students who have not been picked-up will be taken to Extended Day Care.
- Children may not wait for their parents in other areas of the building without supervision and permission of their homeroom teacher.
- Please respect reserved parking spaces and do not park in them at any time.
Name Badges at School
Everyone must wear a badge at school. No exceptions. If you do not have your badge, you will NOT be allowed to enter our building. To receive your security badge for the 2018-2019 school year please stop by the front desk any time before August 15th to run your license and receive your security badge.
No More Windshield Sticker
Please note that our windshield sticker process has changed. Your security badge (with your ID sticker on the back) will serve as eligibility to enter our campus parking lot. Please discard your BYDS Logo vehicle sticker as this sticker alone will not grant you access to the campus parking lot.
By following our security protocol, you are helping to keep our children safe.