Thank you for your interest in Beth Yeshurun Day School.
Please see attached TUITION SCHEDULE for 2017-2018.
To be sure we maintain the affordability of a BYDS education, we remain strongly committed to offering financial assistance to any family demonstrating need. To that effect, parents must file a confidential financial application that includes disclosure of tax information. Be assured that the financial aid process will be managed in a confidential and respectful manner. Beth Yeshurun Day School does not share financial information with Congregation Beth Yeshurun.
Financial Aid is based on financial need and is awarded annually. The Financial Aid Committee considers several factors other than income, because Beth Yeshurun Day School recognizes that families have many financial obligations.
BYDS uses FACTS Financial Aid to process applications for financial aid. FACTS Management is a third party agency utilized by independent schools nationwide to assist financial aid committees in evaluating need. Award decisions are not made by FACTS, but by BYDS.
Please note the following:
– Parents apply for financial aid at FACTS Financial Aid.
– The financial-aid application is available during enrollment. The deadline to apply and forward all supporting documentation is March 1, 2017.
– Required tax documents include a copy of your signed 2016 federal tax return including all schedules (ex: Schedule A,B,C, etc) or copy of your signed 2015 federal tax return plus W-2s/1099s for 2016. Please follow the instructions on the FACTS web site to forward the documents directly to FACTS. There is no need to send a paper copy of these documents to the school.
– Parents or guardians who are separated, divorced, or re-married must each separately submit an application and forward all their financial support documentation.
– Current families must re-apply every year for financial aid. The deadline to submit your FACTS financial aid application and provide the tax documents for current and new families is March 1, 2017.
– Your application cannot be considered by BYDS until your supporting financial information and tax documents are verified by FACTS. It is your responsibility to make sure that FACTS receives and verifies all of your information on or before March 1, 2017. Once all information has been received by FACTS, please allow two weeks for your application to be verified. You may track the status or your application on the FACTS website.
Note: Resources for financial aid are limited. Please make sure that your application is complete and all your documents are submitted by March 1st. The first round of awards constitutes the majority of funds and is awarded to parents who meet the deadline. Late applications may run the risk of receiving a reduced award or no award at all.
If you have any questions about the financial aid process, please call Business Manager Cecilia Garfinkel or Admissions Director Mireille Chait at (713) 666-1884.